Resume formats are as varied and individual as the people behind them. Your top priority is to always make sure that your resume shows the best of you: your experience, your goals, your skills, your education, and anything else exceptional or essential you bring to the table.
Check out this template from the folks at Best-job-interview.com and see how you can add your individual stamp to your CV for administrative assistant positions.
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
(Optional; may not be necessary if you’re responding to a job posting.)
Example 1: Seeking a position as an administrative assistant in a busy environment.
Example 2: Administrative assistant position in a professional company.
Example 3: To secure the position of administrative assistant in an established company.
(This is particularly useful if they haven’t requested a cover letter or there’s no place to upload one.)
Example 1: A number of years experience as an administrative assistant in a fast paced, professional environment. Proven computer skills with good working knowledge of different computer applications. An independent worker who is able to multi-task and meet deadlines efficiently and accurately. Strong problem-solving skills and initiative evident in the implementation of efficient data management systems.
Example 2: A proven record of efficiency in establishing, organizing, and managing office procedures. Proficient in a wide range of computer applications. Solid bookkeeping skills, excellent scheduling skills, and a strong background in customer relations. Recognized for the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and successfully meet deadlines. A self-directed worker who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
Example 3: Outstanding office skills and knowledge of office management procedures. Provided administrative and secretarial support to a large department, managed a number of simultaneous projects, and met deadlines consistently and accurately. An independent worker recognized for a proactive approach to problem solving. Proven experience in a demanding work environment dealing successfully with competing needs and different challenges.
Administrative Assistant, Premier Pharmaceuticals, Houston, TX; January 2012 – present
- Provide full secretarial and administrative support to the 10-person sales department
- Manage customer requests for information prepare departmental correspondence, documents, reports, presentations
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Draw up and distribute minutes of meetings
- Plan and arrange travel itineraries organize functions and events
- Track expense claims and prepare expense reports
- Set up and maintain customer data management systems
Administrative Co-ordinator, Buckleys Property Management Company, Houston, TX; August 2008 – November 2012
- Provided full range of secretarial and administrative support to the Managing Director plus 5 employees
- Scheduled meetings, appointments and property viewings
- Coordinated company events and functions
- Handled incoming calls and correspondence
- Prepared correspondence, documents, newsletters
- Liaised directly with maintenance contractors, clients, tenants
- Processed invoices and prepared payments
Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX, Bachelor of Arts 2008
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access
- Typing skills (include WPM rate if known)
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and management decision-making
Notice this template is heavy on bulleted lists. For visual variety, one option I’d recommend is choosing a paragraph format for either the position descriptions or the core competencies section.